The Laboratory Technician will evaluate and preform specified test on products and/or create and run products using known formulations, raw materials and color technology. All products are tested to verify and ensure conformance to required customer specifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Effectively operates and understands all required laboratory equipment that include injection molders, extruders, laboratory scales, mixing and milling equipment;
Additional Position Responsibilities
• Prepares samples, compounds material, processes and test samples to verify conformity to specifications;
• Performs color evaluations with color computer and visual assessment;
• Follows processing specifications;
• Performs physical testing according to specifications;
• Performs routine maintenance of equipment;
• Determines causes of errors by troubleshooting;
• Records laboratory data (Test Specifications);
• Analyzes data and performs mathematical calculations;
• Using Microsoft Office and/or Project Track to navigate and report as needed;
• Knowledge of color theory, raw materials, color formulation, and color manipulation.
• Effectively manages time and meet deadlines
• Effectively communicates product status
• Improves job knowledge by attending training and keeping relevant knowledge and skills current;
• Demonstrates organizational skills by working independently and with a team
• Contributes to organization success by meeting team and company goals; and
• Follows all quality system and safety protocols by safely operating equipment, wearing proper protective equipment (PPE), completing safety training, keeping work areas clean and organized, and contributing to established safety goals;
• Contributes and assists in implementation of ideas for continuous improvement.
• Organizational skills to include multi-tasking, planning, and time management;
• Ability to adjust to ever-changing priorities;
• Results driven;
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to evaluate color (hue, chroma, shade)
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Bachelors degree of relevance a plus
Experience: 1-2 years of relevant work experience in laboratory or manufacturing/production
Interested candidates can apply by submitting a resume to email@example.com