IT Business Analyst
Established for over 70 years and with plants across the US, Europe and China, Americhem is one of the largest custom colour masterbatch manufacturers in the world, delivering specialist solutions for customers seeking superior performance and batch-to-batch consistency for their polymer products. Recent investments at our UK plant and continued growth makes Americhem an exciting career choice, offering a real opportunity to drive technological changes for our future.
We are looking to recruit an experienced IT Business Analyst to join our team on a permanent basis. This is a new role created to help us to improve our operating efficiency and performance, making the best use of already existing skills and application software, as well as recommending and implementing new and innovative solutions. To work with business stakeholders to identify, plan, develop and test new generation systems and processes.
Implement and provide training for various projects on site:
IT support for all in-house computer systems, applications, telephone systems, e-mail, remote access and security systems
Launch new Business Intelligence System in liaison with the IT team at head office in U.S.
Troubleshoot both hardware and software issues
Documentation and creation of training material for users including running small training sessions to demonstrate changes
Electronic, Integrated Scheduling System (hardware & software)
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel, preferably with experience writing macros and queries and pivot tables
· Working knowledge of other Microsoft Data base programmes i.e. Access, SQL Server 2005
· Excellent analytical skills
· Project Management experience
· Experience of working in a similar role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
· Understanding of the business needs and the impact that the person/systems can make upon it
· Ability to identify areas for improvement and find computer-based solutions to carry out intensive research and in-depth analysis
· Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to use own initiative
· Prioritisation and ability to work under pressure
· Problem Solver
· Team player, work with colleagues in all departments of business
· Ability to engage with stakeholders and to understand and respond to their needs