In honor of Women’s History month, Americhem would like to spotlight our team members that have achieved great success throughout their manufacturing careers!
Our next spotlight comes from Damaris Cruz, Manufacturing Technical Support at our Dalton, Georgia (DGA) facility.
Damaris was so kind to answer some questions about her experience and career in manufacturing.
1. How long have you worked in a manufacturing environment?
I have worked in a manufacturing environment for 3 years, all with Americhem.
2. Who or what inspired you to choose a career in manufacturing?
I was fresh out of college, still exploring my options, and applied to an available position with Americhem. The manufacturing environment was all new to me, but I was able to quickly settle in and become a team player.
3. Why did you choose Americhem and how long have you been a part of the team?
I’m a local to Dalton, GA and when I returned home from college I first applied to the companies in town. I started at Americhem in February of 2020 and I am now 3 years in. Everything, so far, has been a great experience.
4. What’s the best advice you can give to someone who is just starting out in manufacturing?
My best advice? ASK QUESTIONS and be involved! The more you know about your work and environment the more confident you will be.
5. What is your biggest accomplishment while working in manufacturing?
My roles continue to expand and grow. In my three years, I have been challenged and engaged in ways that have stimulated my growth as a person and as an employee.
Thank you, Damaris for all of your hard work and dedication!