In honor of Women's History month, Americhem would like to spotlight our team members that have achieved great success throughout their manufacturing careers!
Our first spotlight comes from Tammy Green, Quality Manager at our Liberty, North Carolina (LNC) facility.
Tammy was so kind to answer some questions about her experience and career in manufacturing.
1. How long have you worked in a manufacturing environment?
I have worked in a manufacturing environment for 25 years. I have worked in textiles, medical devices, and plastics.
2. Who or what inspired you to choose a career in manufacturing?
After the military, my father spent his entire career employed by a chemical manufacturer. He started as a production operator and advanced into senior management. He once told me to “Pick a career that challenges you, and you will find personal fulfillment.”
3. Why did you choose Americhem and how long have you been a part of the team?
I completed my Associates Degree at age 40, and started the search for my next challenge. Americhem was a new company in our area, so I joined the team. I helped to install all the original equipment at (LNC) and have been with Americhem since LNC opened its doors in 2011.
4. What’s the best advice you can give to someone who is just starting out in manufacturing?
Always take pride in what you do. Satisfaction can be found in your daily accomplishments.
5. What is your biggest accomplishment while working in manufacturing?
Advancing to Quality Manager at LNC has been my biggest accomplishment thus far. I will continue to set my goals high as each day brings new challenges.
Thank you, Tammy for all of your hard work and dedication!