5. Be Aware of All Regulatory Compliances
To ensure consumers’ health, manufacturers across several industries must comply with various rules and regulations in regard to the TPE materials used in their applications. Only by meeting these requirements will your product be lawfully placed on the market. An experienced TPE supplier can help select suitable materials that meet common standards, including:
- FDA and EU food contact compliance
- FDA toy safety compliance
- NSF/ANSI 51 – Food equipment material compliance
- NSF/ANSI 61 – Drinking water system components compliance
- UL certification – Various types, including flammability
- ISO 10993 and USP Class VI – Biocompatibility of medical devices
- Proposition 65 – Warns California residents about potential exposures to carcinogens and reproductive toxins
- REACH SVHC and RoHS Compliance – Restricted substances in the EU
6. Commit to a Manufacturing Process Method
Informing your thermoplastic elastomer manufacturer of your intended manufacturing process can help save time and money. TPEs are physically – not chemically – cross-linked, so they are easy to process. Most TPEs can be tailored for injection molding, blow molding or extrusion processes to meet established production goals. A TPE’s morphology, weight and viscosity can affect processing speed and quality. Supplies, such as plastic pellets, also come matched to equipment.
Tailored Solutions Focused On Your Market
As a major thermoplastic compound supplier, Americhem offers a comprehensive portfolio of thermoplastic elastomers that includes custom-developed TPE-S, TPE-O, SEBS, SEPS, SBCs, TPU, TPV, and fluoroelastomers. Our market-oriented solutions are designed to meet the most demanding applications of the automotive, building and construction, consumer products, food and beverage, medical, sporting equipment, marine, agriculture and off-road industries. Ask us how we can bring a fresh perspective to your next project.
Proven Stage-Gate® Approach To Innovation
Given the extensive amount of variables that come into play when selecting TPEs, Americhem uses a Stage-Gate® process and risk model to recommend and develop polymer technologies that ensure successful market launches. Our customer-driven approach ensures that our material science experts have vital questions answered throughout each stage to understand what main benefits are essential for your application.