Americhem provides a structured New Product Development process to provide customized, engineered formulations to masterbatch and fully compounded thermoplastic products. Our process is a collaboration between us and our customers to resolve their most challenging product requirements.
Advancements in New Product Development
Americhem has established an industry leading team of Raw Material Scientists, industry specialized Development Engineers, Process Engineers, and Supply Chain and Commercial Managers ready to bring your product or application to full commercialization. We house comprehensive development labs to pilot masterbatch or compound, verify end use process, and confirm performance versus critical specifications.
Want to talk to an expert?
Our highly experienced and educated teams are waiting for you! Click the button below to get in touch with one of our specialized team members today.
The Americhem Advantage in New Product Development
We have developed cutting edge technology know-how that we utilize in material science, proven industry specific formulation, testing and processing protocols, and end use conversion processing to provide customers with responsive, low risk solutions. Our compounding and masterbatch technology includes more than 30 engineered thermoplastics paired with formulation expertise that includes a wide range of additives such as color, UV, glass fiber, carbon fiber, flame retardants, lubricants, and other functional additives.
From Idea to Reality
Our application development engineers can support you throughout the product development process. We offer material selection, part design, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), mold design, prototype, and industry-specific regulatory support to help you get products to market quickly.
New Product Development Process
- Describes the general market trends and value proposition
- Business case to determine if project should be undertaken
- Translation of Voice of the Customer to measureable design qualities & critical to quality (CTQ)
- Determine the project plan and define what it will take to execute the project
- Lab sampling and testing
- Customer validation and pilot scale up of desired performance
- Selection of candidates to move to production scale-up
- Show on production scale the desired performance and manufacturability
- Validation with CTQ’s & product specifications
- QT specs & COA agreement with the customer
- Technical data sheets and marketing tools
- Initial large scale production runs
- Customer validation of performance
- Finalization of specifications and certifications
- Fully documented technology protocol
- Check in with customers through multiple lots to ensure consistency and quality
- After-sales-service teams: Processing support, order support & logistics, understanding of issue resolution process